Position: Key Account Manager Venture Investments.
Work Location: Chennai (Guindy)
The position offers a unique opportunity to be part of a challenging, entrepreneurial, and high-growth environment. You'll own the strategy planning and execution, work directly with Business Heads and collaborate with multiple streams/functions.
Key responsibilities for Key Account Manager – Ventures role include:
- Evaluating new investment opportunities, conducting due diligence, negotiating agreements, and presenting investment recommendations to internal stakeholders
- Preparation of investment memos and deal presentations based on extensive analysis of the industry and business fundamentals, financial modeling, and evaluating business plans
- Active monitoring of portfolio companies including tracking performance, preparation of periodic reports, other support activities for portfolio management.
- Meeting investors and give presentations about the portfolios.
- Managing and helping Ventures portfolio investments grow by actively participating in strategic and operational discussions and helping portfolios enhance their chances of success.
- Leading cross-functional (engineering, marketing, development activities finance) and cross-departmental coordination for business pertaining to new technologies and investment opportunities.
- Requires a minimum of 3 years professional experience with roles spanning principal investing, management consulting, business development, product management in the startup/VC ecosystem and good deal sourcing network.
- Strong preference for prior Venture Capital/Entrepreneurship experience.
- Preferably MBA.
- Candidate must have strong analytical skills with ample experience in assessing businesses, technologies, and business models.
- Should be open to travel to participate in investor meetings.
- Strong financial skills (analysis, valuation, and modeling)
- Good interpersonal and strong written/oral communication skills
- Self-driven and motivated, strong persuasive skills
- Intellectually curious with a dedication to go the extra mile
- Ability to synthesize sophisticated information, form a sharp point of view, and communicate it in a relevant way to different audiences
- Well-connected in the startup/VC ecosystem and good deal sourcing network.